Schmidt 67/92 Telescope
The 67/92-cm Schmidt telescope, built in 1966, is located at Cima Ekar Observing Station close to the 182-cm telescope. It was moved from the original position at the Observatory site near Asiago in July 1991 to take advantage of the higher altitude and lower light pollution of Cima Ekar.
The building is not a traditional dome: the rotating part is of octagonal shape for easier mechanical assembling and was designed in part to test the proposed solution for the Telescopio Nazionale Galileo (TNG).
- Correcting plate: 67 cm diameter in UBK7 Schott glass
- Spherical mirror: 91 cm diameter in Duran-50 Schott glass
- Focal length: 215 cm (f/3.2, scale 95.9 arcsec/mm).
Until 1998 the telescope was used with a photographic plate of 20 x 20 cm.
The corresponding field-of-view was 5.1 x 5.1 degrees.
The telescope is equipped with a 67 cm, 4.5 degrees angle UV-transparent objective prism, with a reciprocal dispersion at H gamma of 650 Ä/mm, and a 67 cm, 1 UV-transparent objective prism, with a reciprocal dispersion at H gamma of 1010 Ä/mm. The two prisms can be used in direct or reversed combination.
Coordinates of the S67 central pillar:
|Astronomical Coordinates||Geodetic Coordinates|
|+11°34'22".19 (+0h46m17s.48)||+11°34'07".77 (+0h46m16s.52)|
|Elevation: 1410.2 m - Elevation above sea level: 1370 m|
CCD TECHNICAL DATA
- SBIG STL-11000MC2 donation from Rotary Club Asiago for outreach.
- 11.0 MPixel Monochrome Kodak KAI-11000M (4049x2672 px) Dual Sensor.
- CCD scale: 0.86 arcsec/px (unbinned);
- FOV: 58X38 arcmin
- Autoguider CCD: 657x495 pixel TC-237H
- Filters wheel with Johnson-Bessel BV and Cousins - RI filters (2") inserted. Transmission curves of the filters: (xls file)
- Multistage Peltier cooler .
|Detector||Kodak Enhanced KAI-11000M|
|Active area||4008 x 2672 pixels, 36 x 24.7 mm|
|Pixel size||9 μm|
|Full well capacity||50ke-|
|Dark current||0.5 e-/pixel/sec a 00 C|
|A/D Converter||16 bits|
|A/D Gain||0.8e-/ADU unbinned, 1.6e- binned|
|Full frame readout time||26 sec|
QE Kodak Enhanced KAI-11000M