Telescopes and instrumentations
In 1942 Asiago plateau was chosen as the mountain branch of the Padua Observatory and was fitted with a large telescope named Galileo. At the time this was the largest European telescope, having a primary mirror with a diameter of 122 centimetres. Consequently, two Schmidt telescopes were constructed close to the first dome. Finally, the Copernico telescope, having a diameter of 182 centimetres, was built at Cima Ekar, a peak just outside of Asiago.